Scott Lorenz: The Power Of Public Relations To Grow Sales | Do This Sell More Show 16
Written by Turnkey Podcast on July 11, 2019 / Podcast
The power of public relations to grow sales. Join us for this episode of The Do This Sell More show. This week Dave’s guest is Scott Lorenz, President of Westwind Communications.
In this episode, Dave and Scott discuss:
- How press releases and getting PR for your company has changed through the years.
- Staying up on current events.
- Writing books and proving expertise.
- Different types of books and different ways of writing books.
Key Takeaways and actionable tips:
- Press releases still work – they are your introduction to the media and the public.
- Get the right person and pitch them the idea that is relevant.
- Ask questions, don’t just start selling right away.
- Things can live forever online. If done right, your press release can be forever searchable.
“When you do something important, the media is interested.” – Scott Lorenz
Dave Lorenzo Interviews Scott Lorenz
Sign up for the Do This, Sell More Course
About Scott Lorenz
Book publicist Scott Lorenz is President of Westwind Communications, a public relations and marketing firm that has a special knack for working with authors to help them get all the publicity they deserve and more. Lorenz works with bestselling authors and self-published authors promoting all types of books, whether it’s their first book or their 15th book. He’s handled publicity for books by CEOs, CIA Officers, Navy SEALS, Homemakers, Fitness Gurus, Doctors, Lawyers and Adventurers. His clients have been featured by Good Morning America, FOX & Friends, CNN, ABC News, New York Times, Nightline, TIME, PBS, LA Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Woman’s World, & Howard Stern to name a few.