John Tabis: The Bouqs Company and the Shark Tank Experience | Do This Sell More Show 17
Written by Dave Lorenzo on July 18, 2019 / Inside BS Podcast
How to be a successful entrepreneur. Join us for this episode of The Do This Sell More show. This week Dave’s guest is John Tabis, Founder and CEO of The Bouqs Company.
In this episode, Dave and John discuss:
- How and why John and JP started Bouqs.
- The Bouqs Company’s Shark Tank experience.
- The ebbs and flows of the startup journey.
- The competitive advantage of The Bouqs Company.
Key Takeaways and actionable tips:
- As a small company, getting on Shark Tank is one of the greatest things you can do.
- Rejection is naturally part of the startup investment game.
- Don’t sell something you don’t have. Transparency and honesty with the customer is a great value they do not always get from other companies.
- Not all companies need a physical, brick-and-mortar store. Look at the channels you have and see what your options are.
“Your business is not going to be for everyone. What you need to know is that your business is going to work. Founders that make it work know that their business is going to be successful.” – John Tabis
Sign up for the Do This, Sell More Course
Dave Lorenzo Interviews John Tabis
About John Tabis
A proven brand builder and startup creator with deep experience in innovative media ventures and consumer products, John Tabis is Founder and CEO of The Bouqs Company. With co-founder Juan Pablo Montúfar, Tabis launched the Marina del Rey, California-based company in November 2012, distinguished as an industry leader in the online floral space that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms around the world to doorsteps nationwide.
Connect with John Tabis
Facebook: The Bouqs Company
Show: Give’m The Biz with John Tabis
Pinterest: The Bouqs Company
About Dave Lorenzo
David Lorenzo is a sales expert, business strategy consultant, and author who has built five successful businesses during the past 25 years. Some of his most impressive ventures include taking a corporate housing company from start-up to over $50 million in annual revenue and leading a professional services firm from start-up to over $250 million in revenue.
Dave does three things: He works with business leaders to develop sales strategy and drive revenue growth. He develops and delivers speeches and training programs that increase sales. He coaches entrepreneurs, sales executives, and professionals on relationship-based sales strategy.
Dave received his MBA from Pace University. He also holds a Masters’ of Science in Strategic Communications from Columbia University in New York City.
Connect with Dave Lorenzo
Subscribe to the Do This, Sell More Podcast
Spread the wealth – rate, review and share this with your friends and colleagues!