Never Cold Call. Here’s Why. | DTSM 104
Written by Dave Lorenzo on November 30, 2019 / Do This Sell More Show
When you cold call you annoy people and interrupt their day but that’s not the only reason to avoid it. In cold calling you demonstrate you are out of ideas and desperate.
What clients tell me (and you) all the time:
- If people were beating a path to your door, you wouldn’t have to cold call
- If you were able to educate people via a speaking engagement or education event, you won’t have to cold call.
- If you knew how to write letters to people and demonstrate your value proposition, you wouldn’t have to cold call.
- If you could write articles, you wouldn’t have to cold call.
- If you were able to get referrals you wouldn’t have to cold call.
Many of the “sales gurus” tell you cold calling is essential. It’s not. If you have the ability to do any of the things we discuss in this show, you can develop expert status and you’ll never have to cold call again.